Mental Health Helplines and Crisis Contacts
Whether you’re concerned about yourself or a loved one, these mental health helplines, crisis contacts and support groups can offer expert advice.
Crisis Helplines For Urgent Medical Care
If you are in crisis and need urgent medical care, the quickest options are Accident & Emergency (A&E) and emergency GP appointments.
For urgent medical advice call 999, NHS 111 (England) or NHS Direct 0845 4647.
Other Crisis Helpline Options Include:
- Helpline: 116 123
- Website: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/crisis-services/#.Xbi2TJP7RN0
Shout Text Service
Shout is the UK’s first 24/7 text service, free on all major mobile networks, for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere.
- Text 05258
- Website: https://www.giveusashout.org/
Calm is a male suicide prevention charity:
- Helpline (5pm-Midnight daily) 0800 58 58 58
- Webchat (5pm-Midnight daily)
- Website: https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/get-help/
- Huge list of resources for specific issues: https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/help-near-you/
UK resources and support for those dealing with suicide, depression or emotional distress particularly teenagers and young adults.
- Helpline 0800 068 4141
- Monday- Friday 10-5pm and 7-10pm, Weekends 2-5pm
- More information on HOPELineUK
UK resources and support for those dealing with suicide, depression or emotional distress particularly teenagers and young adults under 35. Also for those supporting someone who is suicidal.
- Helpline 0800 068 41 41
- Childline number: 08001111
- Online chat with a Childline counsellor: https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/