Frequently Asked Questions
Your Questions Answered
We understand that you may have questions relating to our therapy services. Please find our most frequently asked questions below.
Further questions? Please use the contact form below and one of us will get back to you within two working days.
How much does a session cost?
An initial parent consultation session and/or young person assessment session costs £100 and lasts 50 minutes. After these initial session/s we will discuss and agree payment depending on the services provided. Our standard rates are:
- £80 per 50 minute therapy session (part of an ongoing block of sessions)
- £100 per 50 minute parent coaching session or coaching session for a young person (help with GCSE/A level options, further education choices, career choices, job interviews etc). These can be ad hoc
We offer a small number of subsidised places for people on a low income.
Payment is by bank transfer. Payment is due before the session.
What happens at the initial assessment session?
We will contact you to arrange an initial parent consultation session and/or an initial assessment session for the young person to understand you and your needs.
In the parent consultation session we will cover the following –
– Your family structure, history and dynamics
– A bit about your child/young person – their strengths, hobbies, experience of school etc
– The challenges the young person and the family may be facing and what you think may be causing them
– Previous support and treatment you/ your young person has had
– A bit about your own background and upbringing
– The changes you would like to see for the young person and possibly the family
In the initial young person assessment we will typically cover the following –
– information about you – your background, interests, relationships etc
– Your family background and relationships within your family
– The challenges you are facing and their impact and what may be causing them
– What you would like to get out of coming to therapy
– Any previous experiences of therapy/mental health treatment you have had
– Your feelings and concerns about coming to therapy
At the end of this consultation we will decide with you if it makes sense to proceed and with which service.
How long do sessions last?
Counselling sessions are 50 minutes long and are generally weekly. They are usually held on the same day, time and location each week.
Coaching sessions may last between 1-2 hours and may be fortnightly or once a month.
How many sessions do you recommend?
Therapy – After the initial assessment, if you would like to work with us, an initial counselling arrangement would be put in place for a half term (typically aprox 6 sessions). This would be reviewed at week 4 and either extended or an ending session agreed.
Coaching – We offer one-off coaching sessions for parents or teens or a series of 3 or 6 coaching sessions. This will be agreed at the initial assessment.
What is your cancellations policy?
The slot we agree with you is reserved for you and will need to be paid for, even if you don’t attend the session.
In the event of illness, we will endeavour to reschedule the slot in the same week. If we are unable to do so, the full fee will be payable.
Where do sessions take place?
Sessions are held in either Twickenham or Kew at the locations listed below. Online sessions take place via Zoom.
Do you provide online therapy?
Yes, online sessions take place via Zoom.
Research shows that online therapy can be just as effective as in-person therapy for various mental health conditions. It can also be more accessible for young people who have physical limitations, those who have busy schedules or for young people living in more remote areas. Online therapy can also make it easier and more approachable for some young people who are nervous of coming to therapy in person. Online access can help to overcome the stigma that has historically been attached to mental health issues.
How to find us
11 Ailsa Road, Twickenham, London TW1 1QT
Nearest Station: St Margarets, 10 minutes walk away.
Richmond station (train and underground) is approximately 25 minutes walk away.
Bus Route: The H37 (Chertsey Road stop) is 5 minutes walk away.
Free parking on the road except between 10-12 Monday to Friday. During this time you may be able to park on the drive of the house. Please agree this with your therapist in advance.
90 Mortlake Road, Richmond, London TW9 4AS
Nearest Station: Kew Gardens Tube
Bus Route: R68
Off street parking available.
To make an enquiry, please fill in your details.
We will get in touch within 2 working days wherever possible.